EDUCATION 2-year degree in related field, preferred
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE 2 years
SUPERVISION GIVEN None
SUPERVISION RECEIVED Sales Manager
Job Summary: The Estimator is responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates by performing the following duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret customer specifications to generate an estimate that accurately reflects the product requirements.
- Use ERP system to enter estimates/quotes
- Work with sales to develop processes for manufactured parts
- Create part numbers and enter orders in ERP system
- Enter and update routers; check routers for accuracy
- Get clarification on drawings; check drawings for manufacturability
- Send out approval drawings as required
- Communicate with engineers and customers when questions arise
- Use and understand Global Shop System for data collection, work instructions, routers, and prints
- Assist quality department in completing PPAP’s and root cause analysis
- Utilize Sigmanest Estimating & Quoting module to develop part and sheet usage data
- Analyze completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Assist in generating work orders
- Assist Project Coordinator as needed
Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to carry out each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Must have high levels of computer literacy including Microsoft Office and CAD knowledge, preferred
- Ability to read and clearly understand engineering drawings & geometric tolerances
- High attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are needed
- Ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Must have ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Knowledge of production processes
While performing the duties of this job, walking, sitting, and standing are required. Must have communicable range of hearing and normal sight with or without the use of aids. Office work environment with some plant floor exposure.