EDUCATION Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or comparable record of sales leadership experience required, MBA preferred
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE 10+ years of sales experience with 5+ year’s sales manager experience
SUPERVISION GIVEN 5 F.T.E.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED CEO
Job Summary: The Sales Manager will oversee and lead the activities of the Sales Department which also includes Purchasing and Outsourcing.
- Hires and trains sales representatives and other sales staff
- Organizes and oversees the schedules and performance of sales team
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company core values and policies
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, develop, coach, and motivate the sales team to develop their skills to ensure that a high professional standard is achieved and monthly sales target and scorecard targets are met
- Reviews and analyzes sales and operational records and reports; uses data to project sales pipeline and determine profitability and targets
- Assigns customers and sets quotas for sales representatives
- Develop and manage annual sales revenue plan and create strategies to meet and exceed quarterly sales revenue and scorecard targets through new business/customer development activities, expanding key accounts, and aggressively marketing company services to new customers
- Manages the CRM to ensure maximum utilization
- Consult with potential customers to understand their needs; identifies and suggests processes, products, or services that will meet those needs
- Monitors customer satisfaction, staffing and other items that may affect efficient sales operations
- Collaborate with management team to develop sales quotas and strategies
- Review and maintain acceptable margins on customer orders
- Maintain a core book of business while co-managing key customer accounts
- Communicate complex technical concepts utilizing a consultative selling approach that can apply Louis Industries’ expertise and capabilities in sheet metal manufacturing to address unique customer product development and manufacturing requirements
- Research and develop marketing opportunities, understanding consumer requirements, identifying market trends, and suggesting system improvements to achieve proper
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional trade groups
- Ensure forecasting and planning of raw materials align with production
- Oversee vendor performance
- Provide leadership, role model participation necessary to facilitate continuous process improvement
- Approves new and revised documents relating to sales processes
Other duties may be assigned that pertain to the classification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
While performing duties regular talking, hearing, walking, standing, sitting, bending, and typing are required. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. Must have a communicable range of hearing. Must have normal sight with/without glasses. Office work environment with some plant floor exposure.